In this W Fansports Premier League 1M article, we will do an in-depth Newcastle Fantasy preview. We will cover what changed during the offseason, what do we expect from them, and which players to pay attention to while building your Premier League squad.
This article is part of our W Fansports Premier League 1M Fantasy previews. Check out our Fantasy analysis for all 20 Premier League teams.
19/20 in a glance – Newcastle
Last season was good for Newcastle, finishing 13th with 11 wins, 11 draws, and 16 losses. Their defense had 11 clean sheets and conceded 58 goals. They struggled a bit with the forwards because Joelinton didn’t adjust with the rest of the team. Also Saint-Maximin (6.5M – MID) took some time to adjust to the Premier League game style, but he found the way to fit in the team and finish strong.
Transfer Activity – Newcastle
- Callum Wilson (6.5M – FOR)
- Ryan Fraser (6.0M – MID)
- Jeff Hendrick (5.0M – MID)
- Jamal Lewis (4.5M – DEF)
W Fansports Premier League 1M: Newcastle Fantasy preview
What to expect for 20/21
Newcastle this year looks promising for a better offense. They needed a solid striker and Callum Wilson (6.5M – FOR) is a good addition for them. We expect Newcastle’s players to be a good option for your offense, especially Callum Wilson (6.5M – FOR) and Allan Saint – Maximin (6.5M – MID). Defensively, they are a solid team. Last year had 11 clean sheets so their defenders might be a good option.
The stars – Newcastle
- Callum Wilson (6.5M – FOR): Callum Wilson is a good striker and Newcastle really needed one. Joelinton (5.5M – FOR) really struggled last year by only scoring twice. Callum will definitely be the main striker. It’s probably best to wait for 1 or 2 games because of his late arrival in the team, but he is a considerable choice for a spot in the forward line.
- Allan Saint-Maximin (6.5M – MID): Last year was his first in premier and it took him a while to find his steps. This season will be a lot better for him and we expect him to be a really popular choice. He has high hopes of getting a lot of fantasy points.
Players to watch – Newcastle
- Miguel Almiron (6.5M – MID): He is a guy to watch. Probably 6.5M is a lot and you can find something better, but last year he finished strong and found his way to score some goals. This year he wants to continue and he will be a player to watch at the first few games.
- Ryan Fraser (6.0M – MID): Along with Callum Wilson (6.5M – FOR) they came together from Bournemouth. Fraser was really popular last season, contributing a lot of assists and some goals. In a team like Newcastle, he can be a good fantasy player. He is a guy to watch and we have to find out the role he has in his new team.
- Martin Dubravka (5.0M – GK): Last season Dubravka made the most saves in the league. He also managed to keep 11 clean sheets. Currently, he has some injury problems, but he may start in the first game of the season. He has a lot of potential and some good chances of clean sheets in the first few games.
Key takeaways: Newcastle Fantasy preview
The most appealing players are by far Callum Wilson (6.5M – FOR) and Allan Saint-Maximin (6.5M – MID). We expect them to be popular choices and solid picks. Newcastle’s defense might be a risky choice, but a less popular one. If you wanna follow the path of a cheaper defense, then you should look up for them.